Monday, December 12, 2011

ONE MAN'S VIEW OF THE END


This video is done by an Englishman with a heritage that is mysterious.



What arrogance. The Hidden Hand will rule soon, and they will not give mercy or consideration to anyone. While I share the speaker's intention to be informed, I do NOT share his arrogance before the storm of evil that is settling over the world.


Here in Texas there are ranches of hundreds of thousands of acres. They are encircled by three strands of barbed wire, and that wire, weak as it is, resists the urges of thousands of cattle to be free. In the end, the cattle accept their lot as somehow normal. They are fed, they are branded, and they are herded. There is even a measure of affection for the cattle by the rancher.


But, one day they are herded into trucks (lorries) and shipped off to feeding lots. Here, they are fattened on tasty corn and molasses. Finally, they are delivered to a meat packing company and made into bologna.


But, yonder is a huge bull. He walks about daily in frustration. When the rancher comes along, the bull makes short charges at the fence, but he stops just in time. The rancher laughs. 


But, another day the bull, for some reason, charges the fence and snaps the wire and passes on. He is cut up a bit, but he is free.


Free? This sounds noble, right? Well, the bull spends the rest of his life hiding in "brushy" wood lots along draws and far from the rancher. The bull becomes wary, and the bull becomes lean, and..... the bull becomes very hungry and thirsty.


Finally, the rancher sends out several cowboys to find the bull. When they find him, they rope him, and he is at once sold to the feed lot.


Same end, just a little protracted for the few.


So, as in the video, is the answer to stand up and tell the rancher that we will prevail, that the rancher will be destroyed simply because we are brave and can say Auuuuuummmm louder than he can? 


Zen never won a war.


I prefer another destiny. My destiny is in the hands of the creator of the rancher:



Psalms 8:3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
6 Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:
7 All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field; 
8 The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas.
9 O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!


Let us have none of this rubbish about the human spirit. Dominion taking is 100% by permission, not by bluster and bombast. The Lord of creation appoints his own to dominion, and only if they have a personal relationship with the Lord. 


The human spirit today is drunk on the opiate of materialism. As long as the rancher throws a bale of hay over the fence, the cattle are content.


My Lord is not such a mindless master:



John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.


If there is no hope other than our brazen arrogance, as the fellow in the video showed us, then I have no hope. We are not cattle. We are the children of God, and if he died for our salvation, he must intend for us to have a better ending than to puff up and talk big. 


I trust you share my hope. I can offer nothing better, and I do look forward to my Lord's deliverance for me.


What is YOUR hope. Make a comment please.





2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

My hope is in the Lord!!

Mary E. Stephens said...

Psalms 42:11 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.