Tuesday, December 27, 2011

THE OLD HYMNS ARE SCARCE LATELY



An old hymn of Empire, of Britannia, and the favorite hymn of Queen Elizabeth, at least at one time:



Irrelevant you say?


Well, I would invite my readers to tell us what the favorite hymn of other world leaders is:


Barak Obama- "The church's one foundation is now the Muslim sword"?


Nicolas Sarcozy- "I am the One I love the most"


Angela Merkal- "Roll out the barrel"?


Vladimir Putin- "Pass me not on my Harley Davidson"?


Wen Jiabao- "When I hear my name in heaven, I will buy stock"?


Robert Mugabe- "I'll be a killer for Jesus"?


The Royal Family may be a bit of a disappointment in recent year, what with wandering libidos etc, but it seems quite clear the they are still much more salted than the other choices.


One day, after the nations have wearied themselves by thrashing one another, a King will come and rule the whole earth from Jerusalem:



Revelation 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.


Of all the world leaders, I suspect Queen Elizabeth would be the least confused by that empire.



No comments: